Well, here we have the most cargo and passenger friendly Wrangler to-date...the Wrangler Unlimited (which was a stretched wheelbase, 2-door Wrangler before).
From the Jeep press release:
* Even More Passenger Room and Comfort - Five-passenger seating includes 56.7 inches of rear-seat hip room, 37.2 inches of rear-seat legroom
* Even More Interior Cargo Space - 46.4 cu. ft. behind second-row seat and 83 cu. ft. with second-row seats folded flat; more cargo space than 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2006 Hummer H3 and 2006 Nissan Xterra
* Even More Open-air Fun - Only four-door convertible on the market features Jeep's all-new, three-piece Freedom Top and the innovative Sunrider soft top - open-air driving in less than 30 seconds
* Even More Legendary Off-road Capability - Best-in-class ground clearance, approach and departure angles; enhanced Dana front and rear solid axles, available next-generation Command-Trac ® and Rock-Trac transfer cases, new electric axle lockers, and electronic-disconnecting front sway bar
* Even More On-road Refinement - 116-inch wheelbase, 100-percent stiffer frame, advanced shock tuning and new cross-car steering linkage
* Even More Power and Fuel Efficiency - 3.8-liter V-6 engine features 205 horsepower and 240 lb.-ft. of torque with improved fuel economy
* Even More Convenience - Standard 60/40-split fold-flat rear seat, available power windows and door locks with remote keyless entry, full-screen navigation system, MP3 capability and SIRIUS Satellite Radio
* Even More Safety - Standard Electronic Stability Program (ESP), electronic roll mitigation and Occupant Classification System (OCS); optional seat-mounted side air bags
The all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited features a 116-inch wheelbase, achieved by adding 20.6 inches to the standard all-new 2007 Wrangler's 95.4-inch wheelbase. The additional length allows for a larger rear seat that features three seating positions, as well as more hip, leg and shoulder room. In addition, Wrangler Unlimited offers nearly triple the rear cargo space.
Offered in two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited utilizes the same five-link solid-axle suspension configuration as the standard 2007 Jeep Wrangler. The all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited also retains Wrangler's coveted removable full-framed or half doors, exposed hinges, fold-down windshield and innovative removable and convertible tops.
The all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited will be offered in three models: Wrangler Unlimited X, Sahara and Rubicon, and will feature hundreds of different top, door and windshield combinations. In addition, nine exterior colors and available 16-, 17-, or 18-inch wheels will be offered.
Kind of makes you wonder what will happen to the next Jeep Liberty to keep it in the line (maybe a soft-roader big-brother to the Compass?)